INCH BY INCH, GOOD OLD “MITTENS” IS EDGING CLOSER TO PULLING A “JUMPIN’ JIM JEFFORDS’…SWITCHING PARTIES DURING HIS TERM. WHEN
HE REALIZES AFTER FINDING NO INTEREST IN GIVING HIM THE 2020 NOMINATION, AND THE SAME PROSPECT APPEARING TO BE VERY LIKELY IN 2024, “MITTENS” WILL START ‘LOOKING FOR LOVE’ IN ALL THE LIBERAL PLACES! DLH
– – …the senator acknowledged that the position is rare among his fellow Republicans, but one that younger people seem to respond to more strongly than older conservatives. In some respects, (by speaking with newer conservatives), I’ll be able to make inroads with some of the young people coming along,” he said.
– (He) discussed the benefits of a carbon tax, a fee based on each ton of carbon dioxide emissions produced by fossil fuels that some
– Romney said he’s opposed to the Green New Deal… because much of the growth in emissions is coming from developing countries such as India and Brazil rather than the U.S.major oil companies have adopted.
– On immigration, Romney said he shared the angst of Democrats over family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border, calling it a “very dark chapter” in the country’s history.
– He stressed the need for tougher border security and a “merit-based system” of legal immigration…