- politicized – pathetic – phony — they deserve shunning
Maybe you’ve seen this…it’s going around. It so effectively reflects a national embarrassment. The NFL is an incredibly phony entity. So much money to be divvied up…owners, players, concessionaires, etc. And, of course, the NBA is no better…LeBron James, celebrated ‘political scientist’?!
(All the “baby mommas” would be enough to fill a stadium.) DLH
Thanks to “over the transom”:
I hope your memory is long, your priority structure places more important things (like God) above you craving for pro football (especially when college games are better, anyway) and that NFL television revenues are down even more this year than they were last year. M. Barnewall, President, NFLFU (National Football League Football Union)
Interesting… No ambiguity here!
NFL History…history not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders.
I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to understand just when the public’s respect for the NFL organization started to crumble….
* In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
* In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
* In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said “Know Jesus Know Peace” but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniforminspector before speaking at the podium.
* In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing “Find the Cure” eye black for breast cancer awareness.
* In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem…).
*In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
* 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression, all of a sudden… It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL playersdemonstrating RESPECT for any issue: For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily for being cops, for the Memory of 9/11…
BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now is shown itself to be.
Pass this post along to all your friends and family, if you believe it worthy of sharing.
Honor our military; too many of whom have come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin