- And the Speaker of the House she shares a brain with
- How do they get away with this hypocrisy? Oh, we forgot . . .
- AP touting ‘heroic’ Maxine
– WATERS’ ROLE’ AS A ‘MODEL’ FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY DOES A TERRIBLE DISSERVICE TO THAT COMMUNITY
– IF TRUMP’S TAX RETURNS CAN BE MADE PUBLIC, WHY NOT EVERY MEMBER OF CONGRESS’S (We’re betting Maxine’s would really be ‘revealing’!)
Maxine Waters a model for many outspoken freshman Democrats
By LAURIE KELLMAN, ASSOCIATED PRESS
WASHINGTON (AP) — She’s been called “Kerosene Maxine” and gaveled off the House floor for accusing Republican men of badgering women. She dismissed President Donald Trump and his allies as thugs and predicted his impeachment before he was sworn into office.
No one, Maxine Waters once observed, should be surprised by her. But after nearly three decades in Congress, the 80-year-old California lawmaker is in an eye-opening role as the highest-ranking African American woman in the country. She’s wielding the gavel of the bank-regulating Financial Services Committee with the power to investigate Trump where some say it counts most: his business dealings.